African Economics and Leadership
changing economics for africa - can you guide us
Posted to: African Economics and Leadership by chris macrae (22), Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:05:28 PDT
Edited: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:35:59 PDT
Feedback score: 0 +|-
Tags: africa civil-society globalization technology
Comments: 6 by 3 members
Viewed: 75 times by 23 members
intro: this may start off messily as I am trying to transfer content from original omidyan thread; this top post aimed to include most recent and live conversation or upcoming events first. It also tended to travel to communities beyond onet but where we have done a lot of cross-checking on the integrity/passion of people names. Any errors are mikne alone- chris macrae
- means I am in regular contact with this person by external email and am happy to introduce those who have a mutually relevant need
please help us bookmark any africa events for remainder 007 and 008 -eg Nov 07 Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting (over 50 countries) in Uganda http://www.mofa.go.ug/newsdetail .php?id=126
ongoing: Mandela elders commun ity formed http:/theelders.org Taddy Blecher of first free university CIDA invites you to help him open source peer to peer vocational curricula - his particular foci at the moment are descrided in our free learning resource area http://www.valuetrue.com/home/ga llery.cfm in parallel we are collecting top 100 nominations of most empowering or activist urgent short youtuibes ever made -need many more on african issues http://www.valuetrue.com/home/co mmunity.cfm
July 07: Gordon Brown's UN speech on people power was amazing- how can we help him and his 12 national leaders and 20 CEOs walk the talk http://peoplepower.jp http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Trust PeoplePower/
- Peter Burgess networks http://immconsortium.org for ending malaria had a major advance in helping get Ugandas health minister place a feature article in the Wall Street Journal - see also 100+ amazing grassroots up projects Peter as emerging ebay of empowerment projects lists at http://tr-ac-net.org
June 007 I met the amazing lady from Dublin
- Clare Mulvany on one of her last legs of 12 month world tour collecting copy for a book that could one day rival David Bornstein's http://exceptional-lives.blogspo t.com actually her idea is not to rival David but to develop empowermen cases that youth can get their hearts and souls interacting round
April 007 Update -ted.com's most extraordinary action network ever gathered in Africa will be in Tanzania in July - scroll down this page http://up200.tv/_wsn/page12.html
At its global 007 conference ted partners Bill Clinton who's 3rd global initiative will likely have lots on health and Rwanda if you've viewed Clinton's wish http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f t24bHtNJwY
if you would like to co-edit a blog as if it was a wiki, see if http://changeafrica.blogspot.com has sufficient network maps to be worth editing in your links to or show me a different weblog (as long as you are happy to collaborate in exploring timeless blog layouts - we can always merge firstname.lastname@example.org
April starts with
- stewart's barefootpower wish to connect 1 million people to energy;
and Nominating helping teacher
- samwel kongere colect orphans own youtube footage after the American Idol Give Back devbacle where 35 million folk were encourageg to donate but none of the money appears to have gone back to Kibera child - the main film uses; Kibera is a million person slum at the borders of Nairobi in Kenya with up to 50000 orphans http://kibera.tv and http://africanidol.tv are speaces we have set up to colect empowerment stories
earlier in January at the first ever world social forum in Africa, Samwel returned amazing local reports
Lower down: Gareth Evans asks to be contacted if you can help set up a new MFI program for Africa.
Gulu Uganda conference http://www.omidyar.net/group/lia /news/75/
Frayne 1 just back from Kenya where I met with 6 o/netters and discussed possible projects: eg to loan the Konza Project (a communal farm) the money to buy another water tank.
Idol changes world http://www.omidyar.net/group/com munity-general/news/1743/ or not?!
Sign in or Join now to add your own comment.