Help: Help on: User Page
UP | Help Index
A profile provides a laundry list of information specific to the user, including:
- e-mail address hint: part of the user's e-mail address is revealed to help distinguish between people of the same name.
- Last sign-in
- How long since they were last active on the site (if signed in)
- What groups they own
- What groups they are a member of
- The feedback score and bank (including what, if any, feedback you have given them)
- How much, and what kind of, feedback they have given
- Who they have received positive feedback from, listed in the the order of most given to least given.
- If the profile is your own the following additional items are available:
- Change personal settings (password, e-mail addresses, profiles)
- Sign out
If the profile is not your own:You can send the user a personal message to their inbox by clicking on the "Send a message to this user" link at the top of the page.
The profile allows you find out more information than the standard name and feedback score visible elsewhere on the site. This page is also the gateway to sending a personal message to the user.
The following items appear as brown navigation tabs above your profile when you are viewing it.
The profile tab is the default view you or anyone else clicking on your name will see. Use this space to describe who you are and why you are here.
The discussions tab displays the fifty (50) most recent discussions you have participated in across all groups and personal news.
The inbox tab links to your ned.com messaging system inbox.
Use this tab to view ned.com personal messages that have been moved to the trash. Note that messages in the trash are permanently removed on a regular basis. If you need to save a copy permanently, use your browser's Save, Print, or Copy and Paste functions.
This tab links to a page where you can change settings related to your ned.com account. From this page you can edit your profile, change your ned.com sign-in password, add or remove an e-mail address associated with your ned.com account.
The following items appear as brown navigation tabs above another member's profile when you are viewing it.
Displays whatever information the member has chosen to include in their profile.
Shows all the tags that person has used on the site. Tags that you have applied to more items will appear larger, while tags applied to fewer items will appear smaller. Clicking on the tag will give you a list of all items that person has bookmarked with that tag.
Displays the fifty (50) most recent discussions the member has participated in across all groups and personal news.