Suggestions for Ned.com
Repositioning Ned in the social change space
Posted to: Suggestions for Ned.com by Christina Jordan (269), Mon, 05 Apr 2010 01:42:09 PDT
Edited: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 03:29:04 PDT
Feedback score: 0 +|-
Comments: 23 by 11 members
Viewed: 251 times by 25 members
Mark and I have been having some slow conversations in the past few months about the shape of the social change space and where Ned fits into it. More specifically, how can we attract more people to engage here with the appropriate level of expectations about what the ned.com platform and community has to offer?
The most recent idea we've been discussing includes a "shingle" change, ie rewriting the description on the front page of Ned to read as follows:
"Ned.com is a global online co-working space for early stage social entrpreneurs and collaborative social ventures."
The aim here is to align the language that describes ned.com with the current emergence of co-working spaces as a significant feature in today's social change landscape, to tie the activities at ned.com in more directly with the Nedspace brand, and hopefully to attract people into this space who are working on concrete initiatives.
Some other action points we've been discussing that would tie in with this repositioning include:
- organizing some f2f training in how/why to use the ned tools (in Brussels, Nairobi and possibly other countries where ned.com community members are available to help)
- organizing more unconferences whose event archives would be housed at ned.com (and encouraging/facilitating interaction btwn participants at the different venues)
- developing a targeted online promotional campaign around the new purpose
- introducing periodic contests for small amounts of biz support or project-related money
- introducing some moderate software changes (possibly including status updates and/or improved notification features)
- resetting the reputation points to zero.
- working toward a new site design to be sourced through http://99designs.com
We'd obviously like some community input here before moving forward - how do you feel about this idea?
Sign in or Join now to add your own comment.